The Universal Design Center (UDC) aims to support the CSUN community in their efforts to enhance information and communication technology to ensure technology is accessible and inclusive for everyone regardless of any abilities or disabilities. Our goal is to eliminate accessibility barriers in technology so that all individuals can learn, communicate and share information through technology. Students who join our team can gain valuable knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Accessibility and Universal Design principals and best practices as desired by major companies in the tech industry (see TeachAccess Initiative)
- Testing for accessibility techniques and tools
- Interpreting and Support services skills
- Marketing and Design Experience
- Technical Writing and training skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
Web & Mobile Accessibility Tester *
- Hiring Department: Universal Design Center
- Division: Academic Affairs
- Starting Pay: $13
- Work Schedule: 15- 20 hrs/week (Hours are based on department need and budget availability.)
The Web Accessibility Student Assistant will help the UDC team with evaluation of websites, mobile applications, and electronic documents for accessibility and usability compliance.
- Conduct accessibility and usability tests on web and mobile applications developed or purchased at CSUN.
- Develop reports on test results and errors found
- Research technology solutions for accessibility remediation
- Assist in the daily office operations and other duties as assigned
- Must be a currently enrolled CSUN student who is a freshman, sophomore or junior standing. First year graduate students may also be considered.
- Ability to analyze and interpret web page source codes
- Experience using a variety of computers and operating systems
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proofread and edit documents
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and students.
* Due to the nature of the work, the UDC is only accepts applications of students who can commit more than one academic year. We cannot accept students who are graduating in the next 12 months or less.
Please do not apply if you are close to graduating; your application will not be considered.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com
- Attach your resume, cover letter and a copy of your student schedule to the email.